Tuesday, June 29, 2010

So it begins...

My name is Diana J. Davidson, author in the works, mother of five(#six on the way!), wife of my soul mate and best friend, an artist, and a dreamer.

I never saw myself doing a Blog, but here we are. o.0
I started writing this trilogy (The Loreafloris Chronicles) about 8 years ago. Book One: "A Budding Leaf" is, I'm happy to report, finished. Book Two: "A Grey Wind" is well underway. I don't want to risk screwing up the chance of being published either, hence this Blog containing only portions of my life's work. I'm pretty sure I've already done what was necessary to copyright my works, but there's no point in taking chances.

I have, at last count, been rejected by three publishers over the last 2 years, and I'm feeling pretty bummed out at this point. TOR was my number one, Shadow Mountain #2, and DAW was unlucky #3. It's ridiculous how long it takes them to let you know they don't want you- and not healthy for my nerves. Not to mention it hurts the pocket book to have those manuscripts printed up and shipped properly! But I'm not going to give up, either. I don't know if having a blog will change a thing, but obviously I'm not getting anywhere and need to try something new. It's my sincere hope that somehow this Blog will eventually get the interest of some publishers. So please spread the word if you like what you see! ^v^
You are hereby invited to read what I have posted of my book, and to leave feedback and/or encouragement.

This is one of those trilogies that has been complicated beyond belief trying to create a new, believable world full of fantastic races with unique cultures, histories, traditions, and lifestyles. Add to that geography, various forms of workable government, logistics, trade, laws, etc. Makes me wish I'd paid more attention to those subjects in school. It's a good thing I'm at least a little creative or I wouldn't have been able to pull it off!
Most importantly, it's a story about people, self-discovery, overcoming hardships, and them coming together for different reasons to unite in a common cause.
Here it is then, THE LOREAFLORIS CHRONICLES.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Absolutely open to critiquing, though I ask you to be civil. Thanks for reading!! ^v~